Dear Running Community.
Ted’s Run for Literacy is pleased to announce our Covid 19 restrictions for our event on September 26th. We take considerable pride in setting high standards in terms of providing a safe and enjoyable race day experience for all participants including runners, volunteers, sponsors, and board members. We strongly believe the following protocols are socially responsible, reasonable, and will minimize the risk associated with the further spread of Covd-19.
- All participants including runners, volunteers, and board members will show proof of double vaccination. Runners and volunteers will present their Immunization Card or digital QR Code at kit pickup or earlier. Board members will self-disclose.
- Runners will wear a mask at the start/ finish line (it may be removed while running).
- Runners are asked to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before gun-time and vacate the site within 15 minutes of finishing.
- If unable to socially distance, all participants including runners, spectators, volunteers, and board members are asked to wear a mask.
- The awards ceremony will be virtual.
- Food distribution will be in a ‘go-bag’ (i.e., food will be preselected and bagged by a volunteer).
- Medals will be individually wrapped and handled minimally.
- Pre-run group warm-up is cancelled (runners are encouraged to warm up in a socially distanced manner).
- The 2 km event is cancelled.
- Race Day registration is cancelled.
- Dry Clothes drop-off is cancelled.
Further to the above, we are limiting registration for our in-person event. Presently, our registration is capped at 50 participants. If Winnipeg’s Covid case count remains low, we will increase registration to 100 participants and may increase to 150 participants (about 50% of our typical registration number) if Covid case counts remain low through mid-September. We urge all, especially runners enrolled in the MRA Classic Series, to register now. We will sell out, possibly three times!
Now for the good news. Our race will be professionally timed and will cater exclusively to the 5 km and 10 km runners. We have unique medals, music, two paramedics and one medical doctor onsite, and the famous Fubuki Daiko Drummers will drum you home!
We are the little race that could… with your support, we will be the little race that did!
Be safe, be kind, be smart.
Race Director, Ted’s Run for Literacy
Leave a Reply